Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Succulents

I never knew I'd become a "plant lady." I used to kill plants all the time. Part of it was just me being so busy I'd forget to water them, and the other part was pure A.D.D...just plum forgetting them. With a lot of patience, care and attention, I have mended my ways and now enjoy a houseful of plants. I also never knew you could become addicted to plant-collecting. I have been looking forward to our weekly Saturday Farmer's Market trips for a new reason--succulents. Tony has (logically) advised me to only buy ONE succulent plant a week--tricky, but it gives me something to look forward to. When I get my new plant home, I have to decide which of my 1950s animal planters will be the most attractive home for the succulent. This is also something to look forward to. Here are some I've done in the last few weeks:





I've also discovered that they make a nice gift for my very special friends.
**Unrelated, but readers may be pleased to hear I got an A+ in my first college course...I know I was.






No comments: